Old October 6th 08, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default 0x8000ffff -- When i Try installing Windows Live messenger..?

The Subject line of this thread specifically includes the words "Windows
Live messenger", so that is why I referred you to that newsgroup.
Just saying "Windows Live" is not very definitive. That group name covers
a whole suite of different programs, see http://get.live.com .
Each of those programs has its own support group.
If you meant Windows Live Mail, its support group is

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"SteveB" wrote in message ...

Gary, Why. I'm not having issues with Messenger, but in trying to install
the desktop WindowsLive.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

You should post that issue in the Windows Live Messenger newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ve.mess enger

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"SteveB" wrote in message ...
I'm getting the same error

System Error Details :
Code : 0x8000ffff
Description : Catastrophic Error

When I attempt to install WindowsLive on my Vista 64 machine. No issues with
the WinXP dual boot side.