Old October 8th 08, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Andy [YaYa]

Default overall speed upgrade question

"Drew" wrote in
:

Hey all
Running a Intel D975XBX2 motherboard 4gigs of ddr667 ram and Core2 duo
1.86 and Nvidia 7900gs vid card and I am curious what would be the
best bang for the buck speed upgrade some might suggest.

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote in message
48.16...

Lastly would be video, I use a 8800GT, but the new ATi 4850 or 4870

"Curious" wrote in news:uXYi8qLKJHA.3976
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

I think a top of the line from the new NVIDIA 9xxx series cards would
provide the best gain.

Good choice as well, personally the 4850 is about the same speed and costs
much less. Also you can get the 4870 for a little more. I'm not an ATi
supporter, but I have developed games on them and they are an excellent
video card. I have the 8800 gt because at the time it was the best bang for
the buck, now it's ATis turn. 4850 crossfire is faster than some 260 gtx
SLI setups, and costs 1/3 the price.

Just putting it out there. Like I said, I don't think you need a new card
right now. Who knows what nVidia will do in a month or so.

--
-A.