Old October 9th 08, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Annubis

Default Web Cam - I have to 'reinstall' this each time I log into my account

I have a web cam that is attached via a multi-USB port to the computer. This gives me a little more 'reach' to get the web cam onto our monitor. Each time I log into my account, I am prompted to re-connect the device. I do this each time and the web cam works for the duration of my time on the PC. However, the whole process is required the next time I restart the PC.

My question is "Does plugging the Web-Cam into the multi-USB port (with 4 plugs) 'confuse' the PC?

I admit that have not directly plugged the web-cam into the PC. I should also point out that I had this same configuration for my old XP computer and I never experienced this problem before.

Please help!

Annubis