Line-in does not work on ASUS A8V deluxe

Old October 14th 06, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kshitij

Default Line-in does not work on ASUS A8V deluxe

I have ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
The line-in from onboard sound card is not working at all on any VISTA
versions
Tried with beta 2, RC1 and even now in RC2.

Due to this am not able to get any audio from TV tuner card.

Is there any known conflct with this motherboard or its chipset?

On the same machine Line-in works perfectly fine in Windows XP.

Any ideas?

-K****ij

Old October 14th 06, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

If you are using a TV tuner/video capture card and are using the S-Video
input on the card from a STBthen you also need to connect the sound to the
tuner/video capture card not from the line in connection on your system
sound card.

Old October 15th 06, 09:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kshitij

I am using coaxial connection for TV tuner. Card has audio out which needs to
be connected to sound card's line-in jack.

Actually its nothing to do with TV tuner. The Line-in port itself is not
working in Vista. Even if I connect my mp3 player's output to the line-in
jack, I cannot hear any sound. However it works perfectly fine in XP. So any
problems with hardware or BIOS settings are ruled out. (unless VISTA needs
any "special" hacks)

-K****ij

Old October 15th 06, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kshitij

Forgot to mention...
In sound properties - recording devices dialog, it shows Line-in as
"Currently unavailable"
I wonder why as no driver conflicts or problems are reported

Old October 15th 06, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kshitij

Ok finally I got it working with latest RealTek AC97 audio Drivers.
Got them from relatek's website... Vista beta driver

Hope this helps others who may get into same issues I did.

Thanks,
-K****ij