Old October 12th 08, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Wandering[_2_]

Default overall speed upgrade question

If you don't have a particular and important software that requires 64 bit,
you will find that quite a number of 32 bit software titles will actually
run slower under a 64 bit operating system. It has to wrap a layer of extra
stuff to support the 32 bit, and it drastically slows down. Once most titles
are available, and you have them, in 64 bit, things will change.

I don't recommend trying to run mostly 32 bit stuff under a 64 bit system.
One example is flash, which has no 64 bit version and the kludges that try
to do it are indeed kludges.

Good luck.

"Drew" wrote in message
Hey all
Running a Intel D975XBX2 motherboard 4gigs of ddr667 ram and Core2 duo
1.86 and Nvidia 7900gs vid card and I am curious what would be the best
bang for the buck speed upgrade some might suggest.. I play games like
Company of Heroes as well as racing simulators ( Rfactor and GTR2)and
flight sims (Microsoft's flight sim X.) I am not necessarily having any
problems but would like advice on next upgrade