Linksys Wireless

Old October 15th 06, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

Default Linksys Wireless

If it wasn't for this darn wireless Linksys card that stops working so much,
I might just keep Vista. Does anyone have any ideas before I resort back to
XP Pro ? So far I have tried :

o Loading different drivers on the card
o Loading different firmware on the WRT54G router (Linksys, Sveasoft, &
HyperWRT)
o Checking in vein for updates from MS and Linksys
o Turning WEP on and off (even tried RADIUS)
o Searching on Usenet & here (one in the same I guess)

Before I loaded Vista, the card worked flawlessly for heck, years I guess
(at least three). I bought a new graphics card to bring my system up to par
(had to get more memory for the wife's machine too). This is the only thing
that is not working well for me, but it is just about to make this middle
aged, bald, IT guy nuts !

Any ideas ?

Old October 15th 06, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jerry P

I had the same problem on a Dell 8400. What I did and it seems to have fixed
it. I did a reset on the router. Then installed the software. Went to
Linksys and d/l the latest. Its been over 3 weeks with no problems.
Jerry

Old October 15th 06, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

Jerry,

Do you mean you loaded the latest Linksys firmware on the router or NIC ?

Old October 16th 06, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clark

Also if you are looking for drivers for some of the Linksys stuff, you might
check under Broadcom or one of the other manufacturers, maybe D-Link, I
forget. I saw some Linksys wireless stuff in some of those.

Otherwise my router (WRT54G) and cable modem (also Linksys) seem to be doing
fine, with the onboard Intel Networking.

Clark