Old October 14th 08, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
msmegan

Default WMI Provider Host stopped working and was closed

Id be interested to hear what McAfee has said regarding this issue, if
anything. Im running a Dell Inspiron 1525 w/ Vista Home Premium and
McAfee Security Suite. About a month ago my error messages (several
different ones) began popping up.

1.) McAfee VirusMap has stopped working and closed. This happens at
random times and the small pop up window appears minimized on the task
bar.
2.) Synchronization Application stopped working and was closed. This
appears when I open McAfee and click on update.
3.) Most recently I have received an additional message regarding an
Instrumentational Program stopping and closing.

I have contacted McAfee twice regarding this issue and spent several
excrusiating hours trying to get a pair of idiots to understand the
problem. Both times the issue was not resolved and I was told to contact
Microsoft.

The pop up windows arent the problem, I can deal with them by simply
closing them. But Id like some reassurance from somewhere that my
security programs are running properly and working as they should.

--
msmegan