turning off the touchpad

Old September 20th 07, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Spirit

Default turning off the touchpad

What Brand Lappie? Also have you been to the maker's site
to look for updated drivers (which you will want if you ever
want to use it) AND for a doc file or such that explains features
such as the touch pad. Toshiba, as an example, has excellent
driver updates and online documentattion.

"bobbypaintsstuf" wrote in
message ...
when i go to the device manager it list it as mice and other pointing
devices." P/S2 Mouse" it must be it because i have disconected my usb
mouse
and that is all that is left and the touchpad still works. but there is no
obviouse way to deactivate it, just uninstall the driver which is as good
as
perm, is that the only way to surmount this obsticle? i will need it on
trains and such ( the touchpad that is) and am hesitant to do that. thanks
for your imput and patience.

sure! go to device manager and disable it there.

Old September 21st 07, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Charlie42[_2_]

"bobbypaintsstuf" wrote in
message ...

the reson i stated deliberatly that i'm on vista is because the way you
all
describe is the way i thought it would be too. but when i go to the mouse
properties and click devise settings it is an almost empty that page that
only has 2 options to click they are OK and CANCEL. IT SAYS IT IS
SYNAPTICS
POINTING DEVIcE - V9 1.0 27 OCT06 and underneeth that it says [EVALUATION
COPY].there is no way to click on the botton to disable internal pointing
devise when external USB pointing devise is attached. therefore i thought
it
to be a vista THING! i can only find drivers for the mouse but my touchpad
works, go figure! any other options?

Have you found a driver download location anywhere? Your computer
manufacturer's site should have one (but you won't find one on Synaptics'
own site)? Pretty much all the laptop manufacturers have the new Vista
drivers available for download.

Installing the TouchPad driver/software will add a Synaptics device tab to
CP HW & S Mouse, which give will you the option to deactivate your pad.

Charlie42