Old October 16th 08, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Holly In Greensburg[_2_]

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Thanks for your suggestion, Gary. I'll show it to my hubby and see if we can
follow your advise. I'll inform you if it goes away. Someone I know
suggested that they started getting weird messages such as this after they
down loaded the recent Service Pack updates. Not sure if that applies to me
and this box, but just thought you might like to know.
Warm Regards,
Holly

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

We have a shortage of IMAP experts in this newsgroup, and I include
myself as a non-expert with respect to IMAP peculiarities. So, I will
respond as if this was a POP account.

Chances are, you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.

While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to verify that
the culprit has been found. If the problem continues, it indicates a
corrupted account, and you will need to delete that account, restart
Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Holly In Greensburg" Holly In wrote in message
news
Hi,
I am so new to this, that I can't figure a way to start a new question to
you, Gary. I'm having a recent problem with getting error messages...just
started, but it always says your imap server wishes to alert you to the
following: invalid credentials, (failure). I can't right click on it as yo
advised to send it along...no other info. Most times if I just delete that,
it starts going through everything to download mail, but it's happening more
frequently. I do not run Norton; I use AVG free version. I thought I needed
gmail so that I could get my emails on my iPhone but this is becoming a
problem. I'm sooooo not tech savvy. I'd appreciate your help.
Thx,
Holly