nVidia to Release RC2 Drivers this Week

Old October 16th 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark W Scheidell

Default nVidia to Release RC2 Drivers this Week

According to the article should be coming either Wednesday or by the end of
the week.

Old October 16th 06, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
James Welch

OMG finally w0000t

Old October 17th 06, 08:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jon Abbott

"Mark W Scheidell" wrote:
According to the article should be coming either Wednesday or by the end of
the week.

Lets hope they work, every release I've tried (including the inbuilt Vista
drivers) report "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported
problems. (Code 43)"

Old October 17th 06, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Terje Alexander Barth

"Mark W Scheidell" wrote in message ...
According to the article should be coming either Wednesday or by the end of
the week.

Great news indeed!

Hope they work in addition to being released.

--
---
///Terje Alexander Barth
Old October 17th 06, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stuart

I've downloaded these drivers and guess what, still no aero, Grrrr
Does anyone from nvidia read this newsgroup? If so, pls get in touch. I have
emailed nvidia support but nobody answered me. If I run RC1 and use the
Microsoft supplied nvidia driver I can have aero but if I run RC2 and
nvidia's latest driver, no aero.
I have a GeForce 6200 graphics card, A Shuttle MK32 motherboard, with 512 Mb
RAM and an AMD Athlon 2Gig processor.
Any advice please, ??

Old October 17th 06, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark W Scheidell

Stuart - try visiting the nVidia support forums. I think I've read there
that there is a beta BIOS release for your Mobo that solve your problem.

Old November 13th 06, 04:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

Unfortunately there is no mention of chipset drivers or nvraid drivers for
the nf4 chipset. It seems like nvidia has been so focused on the video
driver that they have forgotten their other components.

Old November 13th 06, 11:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim Draper

heres hoping it supports SLI, and overclocking

tim

--Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Old November 13th 06, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim Draper

whoops...... my bad. didnt think it was talking about the currently
released drivers (october release).... isnt there some more due out
over the next week or 2, to support the new 8800's?

tim