Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450

Old September 20th 07, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bigsherv

Default Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450

Barcode or anyone else. I just can't get it to work. I unzipped it.
Switched it to windows 2k and I still get the notice saying it is not
compatible. Any suggestions?

--
bigsherv
bigsherv's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31453

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 13th 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dikkie

I still had problems to install IntelliType 5.0 even when all .exe
files where in the compatibility mode. Vista still gave an error about
incompatibility. My Vista Ultimate was installed by conversion from
Windows XP SP2. Under XP SP2 IntelliType 2.0 was installed and this
caused the error. You can't simply deinstall IntelliType 2.0 under
Vista because the uninstall also doesn't run because "it is not
supported".

The solution is to make a backup from your registry first Then you
remove all instances of IntelliType from the registry with Regedit.
Then you can safely remove the map c:\program files\Microsoft
IntelliType 2.0.

Now you can successfully install IntelliType 5.0

I'm happy again to use all features of the Office Keyboard

Thanks to all

Dikkie

--
Dikkie
Dikkie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32883

Old November 29th 09, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BarCode[_2_]

Hi all. I have *Windows 7* now, and still my Mircosoft Office Keyboard.
The trick of my previous post for Windows Vista doesn't work under
Windows 7. So i found something new to have the keyboard working
completely, *scroll wheel included*.

1. Install *Microsoft IntelliType Pro 7* (last version), select
Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard or Digital Media Pro. All special keys
should work, appart the scroll wheel.

2. Install *AutoHotkey *from http://www.autohotkey.com/

3. Write this *script* for AutoHotkey:

; --------------------------------------------------
; Lines that start with a ; semicolon are comments.
; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450: Making the ScrollWheel work under
Windows 7. ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest

sc10B Up::Send {WheelDown}
sc111 Up::Send {WheelDown 3}
sc112 Up::Send {WheelDown 5}
sc11F Up::Send {WheelDown 7}
sc10B Down::Send {WheelUp}
sc111 Down::Send {WheelUp 3}
sc112 Down::Send {WheelUp 5}
sc11F Down::Send {WheelUp 7}

Return
; --------------------------------------------------

4. Make this script start at *Windows startup* with a shortcut in Start
menu.

This is working fine for me. The wheel sends 4 special codes depending
of the speed you turn it, simulating a key up or down press. These codes
are redirected to WheelUp/Down by AutoHotkey, with the number of steps.
You can tweak the number following WheelUp or WheelDown.

--
BarCode
BarCode's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/22225.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 30th 09, 03:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BarCode[_3_]

btw, my keyboard is plugged on PS/2 with adaptor. Not sure this works if
plugged directly on USB.

Old December 22nd 09, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cenfus[_2_]

Barcode,
Your responses helped me sort everything out. My beloved 9450 works
perfectly again (Under W7) just like it did under XP (but not, of
course, V****)
Thank you from all of us for your generosity and time in posting such
helpful information.
-Happy New Year- to you from a friend in Wiltshire, England.

--
Cenfus
Cenfus's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166225.htm

Old January 8th 10, 03:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Big Z

I dont have a PS/2 built into my MB, but I have one on a PCI card installed.
Computer still recognizes the keyboard as USB when its plugged into the PS/2
port on the card and the wheel does not work, even with the modifications
listed. Any idea how to get the computer to recognize the keyboard as being
installed as PS/2?

.