Asus NTSC TV-Tuner (Conexant Falcon II shipset) x64 driver?

Old October 16th 06, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
myDisplayname?

Default Asus NTSC TV-Tuner (Conexant Falcon II shipset) x64 driver?

Im looking for a x64 or Windows Vista compatible driver for an Asus NTSC
TV-Tuner card (Conexant Falcon II shipset). Asus drivers download website
doesnt have any x64 drivers, and Conexant doesnt even have a support website
for their Tv-tuner card shipsets.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciatted.
Old April 21st 09, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aseries

This card is actually a part used in HP Media Center PCs. My card has HP
PN 5188-4124. My copy of 32 bit Windows 7 Beta 7077 had a built-in
driver. The problem withmy card is a mysterious front panel connector
that seems to handle the audio output. I am going to have to hack
something to get audio to my MB sound input.

--
aseries
aseries's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91944.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 21st 09, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

If using audio input from a STB in conjunction with an S-video input on an
NTSC/video capture tuner card the audio has to come into the tuner card and
not into the MOBO to insure that the sound is not out of sync.
Tuner cards do not normally have either video or audio output connectors,
their outputs are passed to a PC application program through the cards
driver interface.

Old April 22nd 09, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aseries[_2_]

Default Asus NTSC TV-Tuner (Conexant Falcon II Chipset) x64 driver?

This my 4th TV tuner card. All the others had a 2-ch mini-jack audio
output. A jumper cable was used to connect to the sound card or MB Aux
input. The Falcon II only has inputs on the bulkhead. The outputs, I
believe, are located on the inboard end on a 10 pin inline connector
marked PANEL 1. The card has beautiful video quality with the Windows 7
driver. I just need to adapt the mysterious connector. It also has a
hardware MPEG2 processor which is a requirement for its intended use as
the key component in a Linux DVR using the freeware MYTH application.

Old April 22nd 09, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Obviously I am not familiar with you card. Do you have a link to its specs,
user guide?
Here are some thoughts.
The 10 pin connector may be for test connector setup used during the
manufacturing process.
Audio output from the card would only be available from normal tuner RF
input content and not from an MPEG2 encoded data stream.

When watching TV in Windows7 what if any sound is available from your normal
MOBO sound Line or Speaker out connections?