Accessing More RAM

Old September 21st 07, 02:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Default Accessing More RAM

I had two 512MB RAM's in my pc in dual channel 128bit mode, but upgrading to
windows vista hp meant i needed more ram. So i've put in 2 Corsair 1GB Ram's,
which is also running in the dual chanel 128bit mode. The motherboard
recognises the two Ram's and their total capacity of 2048MB but in Windows
Vista, it only says there is 1GB of ram (1023MB to be exact), and the task
manager says there is only 1GB available, what should I do, can anyone help?
Old September 21st 07, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jonathan perreault

does your mother send or uses ram for the video graphic card?

--
Jonathan Perreault

Personnal Advice To You:
#1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
#2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You

Best Comments From Users:
No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's Faults

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
news

Old September 21st 07, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jonathan perreault

my appologies i meant mother board not your mother, i don't remember being
drunk but i never though i wrote that

--
Jonathan Perreault

Personnal Advice To You:

Old September 21st 07, 05:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Thats alright :P I understood what you meant. The answer is no, ther's no
shared memory, or at least there isn't supposed to be, my graphics card has
512MB of it's own, unless windows vista is allocating it an extra 1GB?? That
would be odd, can i check/stop it?

Old September 21st 07, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sulev Svilponis[_2_]

Sometimes BIOS has option that defines if the OS is PnP aware or not.
Maybe you should turn this option off, so Windows will rely on BIOS
data.

--
Sulev Svilponis
Old September 21st 07, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jonathan perreault

what sulev said sound good, you appear to be using desktop so i don't really
know, why all i know is windows is so different between computers that
laptop and desktop behave differently to the same information, basically
other thatn the bios settings or the fact that vista can be greedy sometimes
i don't really know

--
Jonathan Perreault

Personnal Advice To You:

#1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
#2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You

Best Comments From Users:
No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's
Faults

fools.
"Peter" wrote in message
news I had two 512MB RAM's in my pc in dual channel 128bit mode, but
upgrading

Old September 21st 07, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

AFAIK Vista tests the memory and requires that all memory be running at the
same speed so if you have different memory speeds put the slower memory in
slots 1 and 3 and if that does not solve the problem look in your BIOS for a
way to insure that all memory is running at the same speed.

Old September 24th 07, 04:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

If you are mixing memory speeds be sure to put the SLOWER MEMORY in so it is
active LAST. It is possible that Vista will not allow the memory if there is
too much
of a speed difference.