Nvidia 96.85

Old October 18th 06, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

Default Nvidia 96.85

Tried the 96.85 drivers. No good. Bad audio stuttering in Oblivion.
So far the only driver that works properly for me is 96.33
I am using 6800gt 500 mb agp card.
Eric
Old October 18th 06, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
KaeL

"Eric Furness" wrote in message
Tried the 96.85 drivers. No good. Bad audio stuttering in Oblivion.
So far the only driver that works properly for me is 96.33
I am using 6800gt 500 mb agp card.
Eric

I have the same, bad impresions.
Driver works very bad in BF2 - during the game I see fragments of my
desktop.
I have rolled back previous driver.
Leszek

Old October 18th 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

I believe that the reason for this release (9.6.8.5), according to the
release notes, is to check the OpenGL support.
I don't play games but are these games OpenGL or DirectX. I did try one
game, however, that gave me the option of using either OpenGL or DirectX.
Anyway, I do hope you let nVidia know about your problems.
So far I have not had any problems. Although my computer is only less than
two months old and is labeled Windows Vista Capable.

Old October 18th 06, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

"KaeL" wrote in message

"Eric Furness" wrote in message
Tried the 96.85 drivers. No good. Bad audio stuttering in Oblivion.
So far the only driver that works properly for me is 96.33
I am using 6800gt 500 mb agp card.
Eric

I have the same, bad impresions.
Driver works very bad in BF2 - during the game I see fragments of my
desktop.
I have rolled back previous driver.
Leszek

Oblivion is DirectX. I will TRY to send feedback to Nvidia..
Eric
Old October 19th 06, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nickm

I still am unable to play opengl games running on steam (half-life,
counter-strike, etc) with the new drivers. help nvidia gogo! i have a 6800gt

Old October 19th 06, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark W Scheidell

I've been able to run HL2 Episode One with Steam. To tell you the truth
don't know if this version is OpenGL or not. 7950GX2 on RC 2 with 96.85
drivers. Some minor graphic corruption but not a hindrance to playing the
game.