Old October 23rd 08, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bogey Man

Default Vista x64 Printer - Trying to keep connection alive

This is just a "shot in the dark." Would your printer driver by chance have
a "sleep" function built in? I ask this because my monitor has a sleep
feature separate from a screen saver or hibernation of the computer.

"Shotsy" wrote in message

I have a Vista home premium x64 desktop system. After extended period
of time, it seems my connection to the Canon Multi Function goes to
sleep. I checked the USB connection under the device manager and sleep
mode is not enabled. If I unplug the connection, wait a few seconds and
reconnect, it works.

The Canon Multi Function driver is for Vista x64.

Also, when I attempt to print, it indicates the system is off-line.
Sometimes when I uncheck off line, it prints, other times it would still
not print.

Any sugggestions or hope?

Thank you.

--