TV Cards in RC2

« - | - »

Old October 18th 06, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Allen DeKorsey

Default TV Cards in RC2

I was able to get my Hauppage PVR-150 to work, but only after a clean
install, the prior install over RC1 gave me fits with MC crashing everytime I
went near the TV options. In your case it sounds like a driver problem.

"Ray" wrote:

I have and ADS Tech HDTV card in my computer that has an analog tuner and
hdtv tuner for over the air broadcasts. I using a splitter to modem for high
speed internet which allows me to get standard cable. If I use the media
center it finds the card and all the channels and then plays the audio only
no video. Finally media center tells me I lost the video signal as it is to
weak. I run a 3rd party application (Sage TV 15 day trial version). It finds
all my stations and plays fine. However I get no sound. I tried muting the
mike inputs and/or line in and I still get no sound. Has anyone got media
center to work with any tv tuner in RC2?

Old October 18th 06, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Do you have the same problem with both the analog and with the digital OTA
channels( which should be showing at the very high end of your EPG)?
If you run a test bypassing the splitter do you have the same problems?

news

Old October 20th 06, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nick Payne

The Twinhan PCI digital tuner card in my machine functions correctly under
Vista RC2. The drivers weren't on the Vista DVD but were installed off
Windows Update on the first reboot after installation of Vista.

Nick

news

Old October 22nd 06, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Corinthia

I have RC1, and while I have finally got the video working (PVR), I am still
having issues with Audio (line in and recording sound). Is there a
significant positive (or other) difference between RC1 and RC2 in terms of
dealing with the TV Cards?