Old January 8th 07, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

Default NTavirvr01

Yes, I understand that. I'm expecting that MS and ATI will get together on
this, and that MS will eventually publish the new drivers by way of
Microsoft Update.

--

Walter B
walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com

"Theo" wrote in message
I think you should really take up the issue with ATI Tech Support. ATI is
the company that will be publishing the driver, so if there is a problem
with it they are the ones to correct it, not Microsoft.

wrote:
I see the NTavivrv01 as an "other" device in Device Manager, as many have
reported. My video card is an ATI Radeon x1950.
With the latest drivers from ATI the "other" device shows.
If I uninstall the ATI drivers and use the in-box drivers for Vista
Ultimate x64, there are no "other" devices. However, the in-box drivers
identify the card as x1900 Series.
It appears that we will have to wait for MS to push the 1950 driver
upgrade.