Vista Banter

-   -   Microphone Static (http://www.vistabanter.com/7437-microphone-static.html)

BlueTruth October 22nd 06 10:35 PM

Microphone Static

I'm using a Samson C01U on the Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600. The microphone
worked fine prior to installing RC1. The problem is the microphone now
produces a massive amount of digital static (not the breathy type you get
when the mic is having troubles) instead of the clear crisp sound it used to.
I've only gotten my mic to work with Audacity, and those are the results
I've gotten. I've also tried using Adobe Audition 2.0 with the microphone,
but the microphone isn't given as an input method.

Please give any help possible on reducing the static.

Spirefm October 24th 06 08:30 PM

Microphone Static

Have you tried running through all the microphone setups in the Control
Panel/Speech Recognition and the Audio Devices setup including Microphone
Properties?

acer231 April 15th 09 04:30 PM

Microphone Static

I am using skype and when I try to test my mic or use skype all I get is
static. I have reloaded the driver several times with no success.

--
acer231

spottedmahn April 19th 10 09:48 PM

Microphone Static

some problem here troubleshooting my mom's laptop.

Anybody find a solution?

--
spottedmahn

smlunatick April 20th 10 08:01 PM

Microphone Static

On Apr 19, 10:48*pm, spottedmahn wrote:
some problem here troubleshooting my mom's laptop.

Anybody find a solution?

--
spottedmahn

Why post to a year old question? You need to repost a complete
question separately and by itself. Include the version of Vista and
make / model of sound card.