Old November 5th 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Malke[_2_]

Default RunDLL missing file

cravingmad wrote:

Hi, whenever I log into my laptop I get this message:
RunDLL
C:\PROGRA-1\MYWEBS-1\bar\1.bin\M3PLUGIN.DLL
The specified module could not be found.

Can anyone help, and advise me how to get rid of it.

The missing file belongs to the MyWebSearch toolbar, which is malware. It
seems that your antivirus/antispyware program removed the malware but left
a reference to it in your Startup. You can manage your Startup (see below)
but if you haven't recently scanned for malware it would be a good idea to
do so.

Start OrbSearch boxtype: msconfig and when it appears in the Results box
above, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Services.

Start OrbSearch boxtype: services and when it appears in the Results box
above, right-click and choose "Run As Administrator". Confirm elevation as
needed.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke
--
MS-MVP