Old November 6th 08, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Nadyne Nelson

Default Copies made instead of deleting files

Where do I find the mouse sensitivy to turn it down? It's not in the mouse
icon in Control Panel. HELP!!

Nadyne Nelson

"Malke" wrote in message
Nadyne Nelson wrote:

Hi Malke,

Thanks for the advice. I will try using a different mouse but the caps
lock
thing is still a mystery. Caps Lock is OFF when I start but as soon as I
type a couple or a few upper case letters, it switches to all caps and I
would love to stop this from happening.

I'm not trying to delete by dragging the files to the Recycle Bin but by
either right-clicking them and selecting delete or by hitting the delete
button but sometimes, before I do that, copies are made. This is now
happening in Windows Vista and it used to happen in XP (different
computer
and different mouse). In XP, the copies would all be placed at the
bottom
of list but in Vista, the copies are placed immediately under the file
name that I was hoping to delete.

Also, in XP, I used to have a big red X icon that I used to delete files
but
I can't seem to find a way to place that icon in Windows Vista. Can you
help?

If the same thing was happening to you in another operating system and
with
another mouse, then I'd say it's your hand moving slightly and my standard
information about this (#2 in my previous reply) applies. I'm willing to
bet that's what it is. You don't *think* you're moving your hand slightly
but you probably *are*. Turn down the mouse sensitivity.

As for the keyboard, it sounds like the Caps Lock key is getting stuck.
Try
a different keyboard.

As for the Delete icon, I don't think it's there in Vista but my Vista
install is in a virtual machine that isn't running right now. I'd have to
shut down this one (vm running SUSE Linux) to start it, and I don't want
do that right now. I'm a big fan of right-click/delete so I've never used
an icon on the toolbar. Next time I start up the Vista vm I'll take a look
for you. Maybe someone else has an idea about that.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!