Old November 7th 08, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Christian Kaiser

Default Inconsistent Partition Data

I have a Vista 64bit installed in a VMWare VM environment and resized
the harddisk from 35 to 45 GB (35 is definitely too small for Vista
and a few language packs). Then I did start the Management console,
connected to Disk management and extended the volume. This worked well
when I had to extend 25 to 35 GB (I was too optimistic at that time).

The a message box with "invalid parameter" popped up, and now I see
that the HD has a partition with 45 GB (shown below in the graphical
part of the management console's snap-in), but the partition table (in
the volume list at the top) does only show 35 GB as size.

This survived a few reboots since then... so no self-healing. Even
CHKDSK did not notice.

Does anyone have an idea how to tell Vista to re-sync the partition
table sizes (whatever causes the discrepancy in the values, which
should be the same... I assume one is the partition table, and the
other the volume database...)?

Christian