Old January 9th 07, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Default NTavirvr01

Actually I have to retract the below statement. Microsoft
has never "pushed" a nVidia driver update to any of my
computers. I have neither been advised nor asked about any
nVidia drivers in Windows Update!

The only driver(s) I had made available via
Windows/Microsoft in the past 2 years was the mouse driver
update this past year. And then Microsoft had to do it 3
different times before they got it right!

Theo wrote:
The ones I downloaded after Windows Update were newer drivers than the
ones via Microsoft. Microsoft's pushed drivers were older than the
latest on nVidia's web site.

Paul Smith wrote:
"Theo" wrote in message
My experience is they will be posted on ATI's web site before they
get pushed by Microsoft.

With nVidia's last set of drivers, their website was 3 weeks behind
Windows Update.