Vista Banter

-   -   BAD_POOL_CALLER? (http://www.vistabanter.com/7457-bad_pool_caller.html)

Clark October 24th 06 11:43 PM

BAD_POOL_CALLER?

Anyone know what this means when associated with a Blue Screen on Boot?
This is still related to my modem causing a BSOD if I boot with it enabled.
Works fine if I enable after boot.

It gave a bunch of numbers also, so if they would help I have them.

Thanks,
Clark
5744

Clark October 24th 06 11:57 PM

BAD_POOL_CALLER?

According to the net, it appears to be a situation where it is trying to
free the pool, but it has already been freed, whatever that means.

0x0C2 (0x07,---)

Clark

Rick Rogers October 25th 06 10:32 AM

BAD_POOL_CALLER?

Hi Clark,

BAD_POOL_CALLER is a driver error. Usually it's incompatible drivers, but
also could be a conflict. If a module is listed, this can provide clues to
what device has a problem. Check the event viewer as well as device manager
for possible errors.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/