Old November 10th 08, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Christian Kaiser

Default Inconsistent Partition Data

Malke,

you're right about the snapshots ;-)

Anyway, this (inconsistent view in the same Vista application) is not
a VMWare problem, but Vista's.

Christian

"Malke" wrote in message
Christian Kaiser wrote:

I guess that backing it up and reformatting might do, but it too 3
or
4 days to install it including all recent patches, some language
installations just to get that plain empty system I would not
recommend it It's still a system without any non-Vista
application
installed (OK: MS Developer Studio).

Undoing: how can I undo a volume extension?

Hi, Christian - I'm sorry that I don't have a direct answer to your
question, but I do have two suggestions:

1. VMware gives you the ability to take snapshots of virtual
machines. In
effect, this gives you a complete image of the vm at a specific
point in
time. So next time before you make any big changes, take a snapshot
because
restoring to the working vm is a no-brainer.

2. You might want to post your question on the VMware user forums.
They are
very active and helpful.

Good luck,

Malke