Old November 10th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Default WUSB54GC incompatable?

If the manufacturer does not support the device with 64-bit drivers you are
unfortunately probably out of luck.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"FeArDaFiSh" wrote in message

hey guys,
i just bought a system with 64bit windows vista, and i have a WUSB54GC
wireless network adapter. I know on the linksys site the drivers for it
are for 32bit vista, but they have nothing yet for the 64bit. Ive tried
using the ralink and even the driver mrsmith made for x64 but none of
them seem to work. I called linksys tech support and they simply told me
that the WUSB54GC was not compatable with 64bit vista systems and to go
buy a new one that is. Im trying all i can to avoid buying a new adapter
because from what i know they arent cheap. Does anyone have a way around
this or know of any drivers that x64 vista will recognize? any advice or
thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks.

--
FeArDaFiSh