Old November 11th 08, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Milhouse Van Houten

Default Multimedia keys on Dell laptops working in x64?

I thought I'd had my Vostro 1710 all configured for x64 SP1 (with all
updates), when I noticed the multimedia keys do nothing (e.g. Volume).
Device Manager lists it as a Standard PS/2 keyboard, which AFAIK is
appropriate. Dell offers no keyboard driver for any platform. There's
nothing to do in the Keyboard CP applet.

Since the keys did work in XP, is this a Vista glitch in general or x64
specifically?