Old November 11th 08, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Donald L McDaniel[_5_]

Default I want to arrange files in my folder by type

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:08:18 +0000, txacoli
wrote:

The Max;1066972 Wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:25:40 +0000, txacoli
wrote:

Sorry, perhaps I didn't word it very clearly. What I want is to make
*one* change and have -SORT BY - TYPE- as an option for *ALL *folders,
rather than have to go into the -CHANGE DETAILS -option in every

folder
I open. Does anyone know if this is possible???

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you find a folder that doesn't have
"type" in the sorting field, you'll have to manually set it.

I find that unnecessary most of the time, because it's already set.

Date Modified, Type and Size appear to be defaults.

--
Max

Sadly, on my computer, this doesn't appear to be the case. Never mind,
you've helped me sort this out and make it easier than it was, so thanks
Max, I appreciate your time.

Max, what you want to do: Have a sort apply to all subfolders, is
very easy to accomplish.

Here's how:
1.) Open Windows Explorer to parent folder of child folders you want
sorted.
2.) Sort on desired field by clicking on column header of desired
field. This is a toggle action. It causes all selected entries in a
column to be sorted Ascending or Descending with each click on the
column header.
3) Click on "Edit--Select All" (or select all files and/or folders
you want sorted using Ctrl + Click on each entry)
4) Next, click on "Organize"
5) Then click on "Folder and Search Options" from the pull down menu.
6) Click on "Apply to all folders".
7) You will be asked to confirm this. Click "Yes", then "OK"
8) Auto-magically, all selected subfolders will be sorted the same way
until resorted by the user. The sort will be done in such a way that
each sub-folder as well as its subfolders and individual files will be
sorted the same way.

Have fun...

--

Donald L McDaniel