Old November 11th 08, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default Multimedia keys on Dell laptops working in x64?

Hi,

Multimedia keys need the support of software, they aren't part of the OS
keyboard driver set. Unless the manufacturer has created software to support
them under a given operating system, then they are unlikely to work. It's
niether a Vista or x64 glitch, it's lack of software support from the
manufacturer.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote in message
I thought I'd had my Vostro 1710 all configured for x64 SP1 (with all
updates), when I noticed the multimedia keys do nothing (e.g. Volume).
Device Manager lists it as a Standard PS/2 keyboard, which AFAIK is
appropriate. Dell offers no keyboard driver for any platform. There's
nothing to do in the Keyboard CP applet.

Since the keys did work in XP, is this a Vista glitch in general or x64
specifically?