Old November 11th 08, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hammysg1

Default Vista / HP C3100 - Device Reinstall when Reconnected

I have exactly the same problem with my HP all-in-one F2180 when running
Vista basic. Everytime I disconnect the laptop from the printer, a
notification window keeps telling me that it is unplugged, the next time
I reconnect it wants to load the driver all over again, even though the
driver is already on there. It spends 15 minutes reloading the driver
all over again and puts it on as copy (1), copy (2) etc., since the
first driver is already on there. I have tried using the HP disk to
install and it does not make the slightest bit of difference, as soon as
I disconnect and reconnect, vista recognises it as a new piece of
hardware plugged into the USB and the printer will not function until I
load the software all over again. I have tried switching the printer to
offline before I disconnect and this also makes no difference, when I
reconnect, it still thinks it is a new piece of hardware. I have tried
clicking on the "safely remove hardware" icon on the taskbar, before
disconnecting the printer but it never has the printer listed there as
being connected through the USB. Could someone please, please help me
with this, I'm at my wits end constantly spending 15 minutes waiting for
the driver to be reloaded everytime I just want to print something. At
this rate I am ready to throw the damned printer away even though I like
it. I never had any problems with it on my previous laptop/operating
system.

--
hammysg1
hammysg1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hammysg1.htm