Old November 13th 08, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

Default Change Drive Letters

"Boblink" wrote in message
Hi, I POSTED an earlier not about collapsing a Partition and
redistributing
the disk space to another Partition and also would appreciate help with
Re-lettering these Partitions. I tried to rename a Partition "E" but "E"
was NOT listed on the options (Change Drive Name an Path) although NO
current
Drives were named "E". I did name a Drive (Partition) at one time but
deleted that Partition so the letter "E" should now be available. It's NOT
so
I would appreciate your help. Thanks, Bob

Have you re-booted the computer after deleting the E partition?