Old November 13th 08, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default DVD drive not reading discs

Hi,

Have you tried a lens cleaner disk yet? It does not take much dust/debris to
cause issues with reading a disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"coldcolours" wrote in message

My PC came with Vista preloaded, and for some reason my dvd drive
stopped reading discs. It won't read music CDs, software, games, or
burned data or music CDs - it simply gives me a prompt to please insert
a disc into drive D:. I tried disabling and reenabling the drive,
updating the drivers, nothing. I followed the instructions at:

'The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer
that you upgraded to Windows Vista'
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/929461/en-us)

though I only had the lower filters for some reason, and I deleted them
as instructed. It's still not working, is there anything else I can do
or should I just bring it into the shop?

--
coldcolours