Old November 13th 08, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Donald L McDaniel[_5_]

Default I want to arrange files in my folder by type

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:47:41 -0600, The Max
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:53:05 -0800, Donald L McDaniel
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:08:18 +0000, txacoli
wrote:

The Max;1066972 Wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:25:40 +0000, txacoli
wrote:

Sorry, perhaps I didn't word it very clearly. What I want is to make
*one* change and have -SORT BY - TYPE- as an option for *ALL *folders,
rather than have to go into the -CHANGE DETAILS -option in every
folder
I open. Does anyone know if this is possible???

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you find a folder that doesn't have
"type" in the sorting field, you'll have to manually set it.

I find that unnecessary most of the time, because it's already set.

Date Modified, Type and Size appear to be defaults.

--
Max

Sadly, on my computer, this doesn't appear to be the case. Never mind,
you've helped me sort this out and make it easier than it was, so thanks
Max, I appreciate your time.

Max, what you want to do: Have a sort apply to all subfolders, is
very easy to accomplish.

Here's how:

[snip]

Thank you very much, but you replied to the wrong person: I'm not the
one with the problem. Take a closer look.

Actually, If you will look again, I did reply to the right person,
txacoli. I just got his appellation wrong. called him "Max". Sorry
about that. Didn't mean to cause you confusion.

--

Donald