Wireless service

Old March 26th 08, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Centennial

Default Wireless service

Bill,

Good morning, hope this email finds you well... I purchased a Pantech modem
from Verizon this past Friday, loaded the driver and it worked perfect. The
next day, I tried to get online and received the error 711. I uninstalled
and re-installed the driver, spoke with Verizon, spoke with HP (I have a HP
Pavillion dv9000 with Vista Home Premium). After hours of troubleshooting, I
gave up and restored my computer to the event just prior to me loading the
modem driver the very first time. I went back to Verizon yesterday, Tuesday
and exchanged the USB modem for a Kyocera narrow pc card. I loaded the
driver and again received the error 711. Verizon cannot assist aside from
reloading my OS; HP the same. My rep at Verizon told me that he has never
heard of this error yet it is all over the Internet! Can you please assist
me? Do you need my cell phone? Thank you in advance! My other email
address is

"VZW Tech Bill" wrote:

ACTUALLY....I happen to work for Verizon Wireless Tech Support. I received a
call on this last night, and brought my research home where I am not blocked
by company Firewall. I also did a very thorough search of our Network
Trouble Tickets to look for similar issues and possible solutions, as I have
never encountered this error before. According to our engineers, it appears
that the installation of *ANY* Cingular/now AT&T wireless card will corrupt
the Remote Access Service Connection...several of the tickets I researched
turned out that the user (all are vista, by the way) did a system restore to
a date prior to the installation of the cingular/at&t software or a complete
reinstall of vista and corrected the problem. When I go into work today, I
will be calling my customer back and checking to see if he has ever had a
cingular/at&t card....one ticket also referenced a program that can be found
on the net, rarepair.exe, as a possible fix...since my customer cannot get
online without the use of his Verizon Wireless Internet Card, this won't help
him much. Lastly, as of today 03/18/2008, ALL of our wireless internet cards
support Windows Vista with 1 exception: the U630 PC card. I have never even
seen one, and imagine it's either very new, or very old. You can verify
Vista compatibility at
www.vzam.net, click on the "Supported Devices" link on
the left hand side. Strangely, none of the cards we carry are in that
'supported devices' list mentioned above, and I KNOW that they DO work with
Vista. Hope this helps someone!

Old April 1st 08, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
VZW Tech Bill[_2_]

Following up from my previous post...I called the guy back, and we found that
his assistant had removed some Cingular software from his computer,
innocently thinking she was helping to clear out unused software...we did a
system restore to the day immediately before the software removal and voila!
All was well again! I cannot honestly say that this is the ONLY cause for
error 711, but it's deffinately a trend I've reported to our data research
team for research and distribution to all of Tech Support. If you are
encountering error 711, I recommend taking the steps outlined at
microsoft.com to repair the RASC, and if that doesn't help, you might want to
check your system restore points (I hate Vista and am unfamiliar with it
personally), my customer was able to see what had transpired between each
restore point and allowed him to see the day of the Cingular Software removal
and restore to a point before. I also read somewhere the reinstalling the
Cingular software on an affected pc will correct this issue, but again, I
have not tested that personally.
Old August 11th 08, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Doy22

When you try to create a new network connection, you may receive the
following error message:
Error 711: Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager.
CAUSE
This issue may occur if the following services are disabled:
• Telephony
• Remote Access Connection Manager
• Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, enable the disabled services, and then start the
services:
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click
Services.
3. Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
5. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click
OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the Remote Access Connection Manager service
and for the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service.

--
Doy22
Doy22's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/doy22.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old August 11th 08, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Smithsonian[_5_]

Did you disable any services?
Try manually starting those services and see if they fail to start or not.
news

Old August 14th 08, 04:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Doy22[_2_]

No i didn't.....