Wireless service

Old September 26th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DRM

Default Wireless service

We have a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. I am now on my 3rd attempt to
get internet access (tried AT&t express card, Verizon usb, and now Verizon
express card). The error message that I get when we install the modem is
"unable to create a new connection - error 711." Can't get anywhere with
Dell, Verizon, or AT&T (each blames the other). There are articles on error
711 with XP, and we have tried those solutions to no avail. Any suggestions?
We're gettin pretty frustrated!
Old September 26th 07, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Welcome to Dell Support:
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...lnk i=0&s=dhs

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

news We have a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. I am now on my 3rd attempt to

Old September 27th 07, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DRM

This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and spoken to
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet. drm

Old October 3rd 07, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DellCA

Hello,

This is Richard from Dell's Online Community Outreach group. May I
request the Dell system type that you are working with and the modem
model? I will see what I can find out for you.

Regards,

Richard B
Dell Online Community Outreach

drm;724948 Wrote:
This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and spoken
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet. drm

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

Welcome to Dell Support:
'Dell - Support' (http://tinyurl.com/27g4xy)

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old October 5th 07, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DRM

OS = Vista Home Premium
modem = V740 Express Card (Verizon)

However, please note that we have tried an AT&T express card (I believe it
was an Option GT Max 3.6), AND a Verizon USB720. None of them work. It's
really feeling like it's the computer and not everyone else.

Dell is telling us that we need to reinstall the system and start over. I
think there is a setting wrong somewhere on the computer, but at this point,
everyone is blaming everyone else and still no solution.

Old October 5th 07, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DellCA

Did you ever get any hardware errors or just connection errors? What is
the Dell computer model you are working on?

drm;724948 Wrote:
This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was

it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and

spoken
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet.

drm

Welcome to Dell Support:

Old October 26th 07, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matt

Currently I am working with the same issue. My client has a Sony VAIO
computer and running Windows Vista Business and I can not load his Verizon
Wireless Card. Verizon has given us two cards to try and Sony can not help
us. The error we receive is "Unable to create a new connection - Error 711".

drm;724948 Wrote:
This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was

it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and

spoken
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet.

drm

Welcome to Dell Support:

Old November 10th 07, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jmurray55

I have a sony VAIO also witt the same problems...ever find the cause?

drm;724948 Wrote:
This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was
it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and
spoken
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet.
drm

Welcome to Dell Support:

Old November 22nd 07, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Error 711 - Air Card

Hi Guys,
After Having the same problems like you guys, the resolution can be found
he
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...=v&cid=708&g=d
Apparently those wireless companies did not bother to ask us about our OS or
they are not aware of this as well. If You ever receive error message 711
while trying to set up connection for your air card, simply means air card is
not compatible with your OS. Just Dropping by to share this after given run
around by Verizon, Sony and Microsoft but no one has a solid answer for me so
I had to do my own research. Please make sure to check out that website
before ordering your aircard from your wireless carrier. -Peace Out-

drm;724948 Wrote:
This link is just taking me to the general Dell support page. Was
it
supposed to be a specific page? I've searched Dell on line and
spoken
their support staff several times. Haven't found an answer yet.
drm

Welcome to Dell Support:

Old March 18th 08, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
VZW Tech Bill

ACTUALLY....I happen to work for Verizon Wireless Tech Support. I received a
call on this last night, and brought my research home where I am not blocked
by company Firewall. I also did a very thorough search of our Network
Trouble Tickets to look for similar issues and possible solutions, as I have
never encountered this error before. According to our engineers, it appears
that the installation of *ANY* Cingular/now AT&T wireless card will corrupt
the Remote Access Service Connection...several of the tickets I researched
turned out that the user (all are vista, by the way) did a system restore to
a date prior to the installation of the cingular/at&t software or a complete
reinstall of vista and corrected the problem. When I go into work today, I
will be calling my customer back and checking to see if he has ever had a
cingular/at&t card....one ticket also referenced a program that can be found
on the net, rarepair.exe, as a possible fix...since my customer cannot get
online without the use of his Verizon Wireless Internet Card, this won't help
him much. Lastly, as of today 03/18/2008, ALL of our wireless internet cards
support Windows Vista with 1 exception: the U630 PC card. I have never even
seen one, and imagine it's either very new, or very old. You can verify
Vista compatibility at www.vzam.net, click on the "Supported Devices" link on
the left hand side. Strangely, none of the cards we carry are in that
'supported devices' list mentioned above, and I KNOW that they DO work with
Vista. Hope this helps someone!