Old November 17th 08, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

Default Is this compatable?

"FeArDaFiSh" wrote in message

hey guys,
i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just
got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not
supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that
should work with a 64bit.

'http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833129160'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833129160)

Can anyone verify that this would work? i was looking all over the
page, and maybe im blind (most likely) but i couldnt see anything saying
it will for sure be compatable. I guess it really only depends on the
drivers for it.

--
FeArDaFiSh

I very much doubt it. The 'Vista' driver available from SMC is essentially
a folder containing XP/2000/98 driver files. Nothing that would suggest
64bit at all..

This one is Vista64 compatible though..

http://www.dlink.ca/products/?sec=1&pid=477

--