Vista Banter

-   -   Broadcom/Broadcomm WiFi installed, seems like working but dead (http://www.vistabanter.com/7507-broadcom-broadcomm-wifi-installed-seems-like-working-but-dead.html)

Doker October 29th 06 07:23 PM

Broadcom/Broadcomm WiFi installed, seems like working but dead

Hi.

I've go Vista RC2 x64 on my Acer Aspire 5020 (5024) with (as it's written on
its back) Broadcomm BCM 94318MPG.

It installs perfectly with drivers embeded in windows, and the driver name
after installation is (in Device Management) Broadcom 802.11g Network
Adapter. Driver's version and date are 4.82.28.55 and 2006-06-21. System sais
of no problems with the driver.

But a network manager can't find any wireless networks that XP( i have 2
systems) can find with no problem.

mrplow October 30th 06 10:49 AM

Broadcom/Broadcomm WiFi installed, seems like working but dead

I had this on my Acer 3023 it may be the same for you.

My broadcomm wi-fi card installed OK but the button on the laptop needed a
driver to work. Without it I couldn't switch the wi-fi on, it defaulted to
off.

I downloaded the XP drivers from the Acer site and installed them using 'Run
As Administrator' and in XPSP2 compatibility mode. It's wbutton your
specifically interested in.

Once installed i could press the wireless button to turn it on and it's been
fine since.

HTH
mrplow

Doker October 30th 06 08:29 PM

"mrplow" wrote:

I had this on my Acer 3023 it may be the same for you.

My broadcomm wi-fi card installed OK but the button on the laptop needed a
driver to work. Without it I couldn't switch the wi-fi on, it defaulted to
off.

I downloaded the XP drivers from the Acer site and installed them using 'Run
As Administrator' and in XPSP2 compatibility mode. It's wbutton your
specifically interested in.

Once installed i could press the wireless button to turn it on and it's been
fine since.

Well, i can say it changes something for sure 'cos windows is now searching
for wireless network longer (1 sec) oposite to no time at all before.
Thanks. I will check it tomorrow at a university.