Vista Banter

-   -   Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer (http://www.vistabanter.com/7510-dell-all-one-photo-964-printer.html)

Danny Lee October 29th 06 11:16 PM

Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer

Can anyone tell me how to install Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer in
windows vista ?

Tom Lake October 29th 06 11:38 PM

"Danny Lee" Danny wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to install Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer in
windows vista ?

You have to set compatibility mode for EVERY .exe file on the CD
to XP.
Hint: do a search for .exe on the CD and right-click on every one found
to set its compatibility mode.

It took a few tries but I got it all working including All In One Center.

Tom Lake

Tom Lake October 30th 06 02:22 AM

"Danny Lee" wrote in message
how do i set compatibility mode for EVERY .exe file on the CD

Search the CD for .exe files then right click on each file in the list one
by one
and set its compatibility mode.

Tom Lake

tacwalker October 31st 06 12:30 AM

Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer

I used Tom's method with a small difference.
Right click on the setup file and choose Properties.
From the Compatibility Tab I select "Run this program in compatibity mode
for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) (I assume you had SP2?)
Then ran the install. It works fine.