Old November 20th 08, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
civ2ru

Default LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"?

Interesting... For now, I'll keep the battery out until I need to unplug the
unit. I knew keeping it plugged in WITH the battery inserted can shorten the
life of the battery, but I never knew could it affect power.

But my battery certainly hasn't been almost dead... Almost full's more like
it.

As for closing the lid, I had it set to put computer to sleep, and now I'm
wondering if the problem is in the CONNECTION between the computer and the
screen rather than the screen itself. So for now, again, I put it to sleep
through a power button rather than by closing the lid.

Anyhow, all of these solutions seem temporary... Still looking for the exact
root of the problem that would cause these particular symptoms, and its
troubleshooting. Let me know if you have any other ideas! And thank you!

"Curious" wrote:

There are several weird cases where removing and replacing the battery even
when on regular power have solved a start up problem and I do not know
exactly why.
Or maybe the battery is almost dead and therefore has trouble outputting the
required voltage so even when system is plugged in the system is trying to
charge the battery and until it is charged you see nothing.
When you close the screen you are either changing the power setting and/or
reducing the system load since the screen display is turned off.