Swapped monitors will not display

Old October 30th 06, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
UoW tech

Default Swapped monitors will not display

I changed my monitor from a NEC LCD 1700 V to a Digimate DGL2700 LCD TV and
Vista now goes through the boot motions but does not display it says
unsupported even if I switch to 640 X 480. However if I boot up using the NEC
montor and then switch the cables I do get a display on the Digimate ...
however when I reboot I am back to my original problem. My display card is a
ATI All in Wonder Radeon 8500 DVI.
Old October 30th 06, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
UoW tech

Thanks for taking the time to reply it is appreciated. I am using the
standard VGA interface as that is all the monitor has. Since I made the post
I have figured out a work around which is real strange. If I start Vista with
my monitor physically powered off (not in standby) and watch my drive lights
so I can determine when Vista has fully loaded I can then turn my monitor on
and everything is fine. However if my monitor is on during the boot up
sequence Vista will fail and reboot. So I would say the problem has something
to do with the way Vista detects my monitor on boot up.

"JW" wrote:

What if you use the standard monitor VGA interface instead of trying to use
DVI?