Old November 26th 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
yourgoodimbetter[_2_]

Default Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver - On every bootup

I fed from the above comment and came with a solution to my issue. I'm
currently running Vista Home Premium 32 bit with a HP a6130n desktop
computer. The issue is the same although i noticed one of the card
readers were missing under computer folder. Instructions are as
follows:

1. Right click computer under the start tab and select manage
2. Click on the Device manager tab. You will see the ! in "WPD
FileSystem Volume driver software."
3. Click on Disk drives and disable each one until the WPD FileSystem
disappears.
4. Reinable all the drives then right click the problem drive and
select properties.
5. Click on the volumes tab then select "populate" then note down what
Disk number the populate assigned it.
folder called Disk Management(under the Storage folder). Select Disk
Management.
7. At the bottom is a list of disks. Right click the disk number you
populated for the problem drive and select "Change drive letter and
paths.."
8. Assign the drive letter and go back to the Device Manager.
9. problem gone.

--
yourgoodimbetter
yourgoodimbetter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/yourgoodimbetter.htm