Old November 28th 08, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
rjklindsay[_2_]

Default WinSAT for Vista Performance Index fails

In an attempt to resolve the Winsat issue, I have aquired 3 almost
identical SamsungX50 laptops with the following specs:
1.73Ghz Pentium M, 2GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X600 64Mb video ram.
2.00Ghz Pentium M, 2GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X600 128Mb video ram.
2.13Ghz Pentium M, 2GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X700 128Mb video ram.

All three run Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux just fine.
But, after a fresh install of Vista, only the LOWEST spec machine runs
Aero glass consistently. On the mid-range machine, Glass will
OCASIONALLY work, but only if I repeatedly run Winsat until it passes,
and then reboot. This works for one session only though, so if I reboot
again, I have to repeat this process, which often takes hours. On the
high spec machine, Winsat never completes, so I cant get an assessment
score to run Aero Glass. Swapping screens, ram and harddrives had no
effect, so the issue is with the motherboard, or Vista.
The m

--
rjklindsay