Old November 30th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Default Memory installation

bughaters wrote:

I have Windows Vista Basic 32 bit Dell Inspiron 531s. My phsical memory
is depending on what applications I am currently running is around 80%.
It is recommended that I add 2GB's memory. How easy is installation and
at what cost?

This is a desktop computer, so it's very easy to install new memory. Your
Dell manual will show you how.

Memory is relatively inexpensive. Here is what you need:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...nspiron%20531s

I see that the 2GB kit is only $31.99.

And here is an install guide from Crucial:

http://www.crucial.com/install/dimm.aspx

The illustrations are of an older type memory but the technique will be
identical for your machine and the pictures make it quite clear what to do.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!