Graphics Card Suggestions?

Old November 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron Lindsay

Default Graphics Card Suggestions?

I bought a computer with integrated graphics, but the performance is not
very good (in regards to gaming and Windows Aero) and I would like to get
something better. I do not really want to spend too much on a graphics card
($200 maximum) but need help deciding. I do not have a PCIe slot, so I need
to find a card that supports PCI. Are there any good ones that would support
the Windows Aero theme, and provide a fair gaming experience as well for
that price range? I've been told I could disable my current graphics card
and use a different one from a PCI slot, so would this work?

I'm sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, but I really don't know
much about graphics cards. I just want to know if they even make PCI graphic
cards that would be compatable with Windows Vista, the Aero theme, and
provide an okay gaming experience as I said above, as well as work with the
Vista Windows Movie/DVD Maker, which my current graphics card doesn't even
support, so I cannot even try them out. As a side note, is there any way
around that?

Thanks in advance,
- Aaron Lindsay

Old November 5th 06, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Ignore my other post since Untill read this versio I did not realize that
you also do not have a AGP slot. I am not aware of any plain PCI slot
graphcs card hopefully you can find some using Google.

Old November 6th 06, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ZAZ

refer to this link:

This is Radeon X1300 GPU in PCI form. Fully Vista capable, has VIVO. 256
MB graphics memory. Should satisfy your needs. Also is way below $200. I
currently own this card, and it runs Aero beautifully.

Old November 15th 06, 07:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene Fitz

Yeah, you can get an X1300. Understand, it will run Aero, but it won't be all
that, unless you are using an AGP or PCI e card. Transfer rates vary.
Personally, I am all aboutthe nVidia, but the strongest thing they have is
the 6200, which, with a good processor and plenty of memory will get you
around a 3.0 on the WEI.

Wish I could be more help. :-)