Burning ISO's from within Vista ?

Old November 8th 06, 04:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chrisgruntled

Default Burning ISO's from within Vista ?

I have saved many of my CD's on my hard drive as ISO images on my computer. I
have yet to find out how to burn them onto cd correctly so they work. I have
tryed using the "Burn" option on top of windows explorer and only treats the
ISO as a file and make the CD pretty much unusable. I have tried using Roxio
EZ CD creator 9. and also Nero 7 . and cd's become unreadable..I know there's
Nothing wrong with my CD rom. I was able to succesfully burn ISO's before
using windows XP.

My question is, is there a way to burn ISO images from within windows burn
utility? If not, does anyone know any program that burns ISO's successfully
with windows Vista?
I have Vista build 5600.
Old November 8th 06, 07:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nero

No, you cannot burn ISO's by using the built in burner, all that is is an
updated basic burner that lets you burn to dvd and cd(xp only had burn to
cd).
It's only meant for normal file to cd or dvd.
Nero 7(latest)works on Vista.
I use Nero on RC2 and you would not have been able to burn ISO's by only
using XP before because XP cannot burn DVDs or ISO cds without software.
In XP you could only burn CDs if using the built in burner, in Vista you can
burn Cds and DVDs BUT it is only for normal file to Cd or DVD.

Old November 8th 06, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kerry Brown

MVP Alex Feinman has an excellent free utility called ISO Recorder.

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Old November 8th 06, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Barnett MVP

You can't use the burner built into Vista for burning ISO. use either Nero,
or Roxio instead

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

mail/post..

Old November 8th 06, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Synapse Syndrome

"Nero" wrote in message
No, you cannot burn ISO's by using the built in burner, all that is is an
updated basic burner that lets you burn to dvd and cd(xp only had burn to
cd).
It's only meant for normal file to cd or dvd.
Nero 7(latest)works on Vista.
I use Nero on RC2 and you would not have been able to burn ISO's by only
using XP before because XP cannot burn DVDs or ISO cds without software.
In XP you could only burn CDs if using the built in burner, in Vista you
can burn Cds and DVDs BUT it is only for normal file to Cd or DVD.
In XP you could never burn ISOs by just using the built in burner

I've got the latest version of Nero running here (7.5.7.0). I haven't
actually tried using it for burning yet. But it I have noticed that the
ImageDrive virtual CD/DVD drive for mounting images doesn't work with Vista
yet. Obviously this is a driver which hasn't been Vista-ised yet.

ss.

Old November 8th 06, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nero

Vista built in"burner"is basic
"John Barnett MVP" wrote in message
You can't use the burner built into Vista for burning ISO. use either
Nero, or Roxio instead

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
http://vistasupport.mvps.org

reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
this mail/post..

Old November 8th 06, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hurricane Andrew

[...]

ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/) works beautifully in Vista, and best of
all, it's freeware.

--