Installing a 32b driver on Vista x64 : possible ?

Old November 8th 06, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Plexxus

Default Installing a 32b driver on Vista x64 : possible ?

Hello,
The USB ADSL modem Sagem Fast-800 has only 32b driver
My RC2 Vista (x64) always reject the installation

Is there a solution to install this 32b driver ?
TIA
Old November 8th 06, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

64bit operating systems require 64bit drivers..

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Old November 8th 06, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Drivers for any 64-bit OS must be 64-bit drivers, and for
Vista they are REQUIRED to be signed drivers.

Old November 8th 06, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Synapse Syndrome

"Plexxus" wrote in message
Hello,
The USB ADSL modem Sagem Fast-800 has only 32b driver
My RC2 Vista (x64) always reject the installation

Is there a solution to install this 32b driver ?
TIA

USB connection for modems is for n00bs, but that Sagem doesn't seem to have
an ethernet port.

If you are in the UK, I have a brand new, boxed and unused BT Voyager 205
that you can buy for £10 inc p&p. It would be a shame to waste it. I could
test it before sending it, if you want it.

ss.

Old November 8th 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Plexxus

I was afraid of this answer
(But in the past, win95 was using 16b and 32b dlls in the same time ! no?)
(I have 2 Program Files folders ( a second with (x86): for 32b programs)

BTW, I'll try to set up an internet connection with a Lan and an other
computer !!! Hope it's work for registering Vista !

Thanks

Old November 8th 06, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Plexxus

Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:09:28 +0000, Synapse Syndrome wrote:

"Plexxus" wrote in message
Hello,
The USB ADSL modem Sagem Fast-800 has only 32b driver
My RC2 Vista (x64) always reject the installation

Is there a solution to install this 32b driver ?
TIA

USB connection for modems is for n00bs, but that Sagem doesn't seem to have
an ethernet port.

Yes I know... My ISP give me this one...!

If you are in the UK, I have a brand new, boxed and unused BT Voyager 205
that you can buy for £10 inc p&p. It would be a shame to waste it. I could
test it before sending it, if you want it.

ss.

I'm not in the UK !
Thanks