Incompatibility regarding Realtek HD

Old November 9th 06, 10:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
edrd

Default Incompatibility regarding Realtek HD

Hi everibody.

After the instalation of the driver, 1.48, I received a message saying
" This program has known compatibility issues". The program is Realtek
HD Audio Sound Effect Manager". Is there any away to solve this or the
only solution is to choose" Don't this message again"?

Thank you in advance.

Eduardo

--
edrd
edrd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19032

http://www.techarena.in

Old November 9th 06, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
black clouds

I didn't get that message when I installed 1.48. Installation went perfectly
for me on my LG P1 Express Dual notebook running RC1 build 5600. Version 1.48
is RTM, you shouldn't be getting any incompatibility issues with this
version.
What build number did you install it on? What kind of PC do you have? What
realtek audio chip do you have installed?
You will get a "digital signature not found" warning during installation.
Also it will only work on "ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861,
ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268."

Old November 9th 06, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

Hi Eduardo,

It sounds like you have old files from the Microsoft Update Driver for
Realtek HD still at play on your machine. Your installation of the new R1.48
doesn't use the Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager (RTHDCPL.EXE) anymore.
To clean up the mess, you may have to Rollback your Driver to the way it
was, make a list of all the files used by the Driver (under Driver Driver
Details, in Device Manager), then Uninstall the Driver using Device Manager,
then find and delete the files you've listed (they're in the Windows folder
or its sub-folders), then run Msconfig.exe and uncheck any file found for
Realtek Semiconductor (on the Startup tab), should they still exist, and,
finally, re-install R1.48, using "Run as administrator" when you right-click
on the installation file. Choosing "Don't show this message again" will
only mask the problem of running a startup item that shouldn't be running in
the first place, plus there may be other old files set to run at startup,
that shouldn't be running either.

Hope this helps,
Dean

Old November 9th 06, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

I should add that, in the final analysis, after installing the new R1.48,
the only Realtek Semiconductor file that should be running at startup is
RtHDVCpl.exe (version 1.0.0.6).

Dean

Old November 10th 06, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
edrd

First of all, thank you both for beeing so helpfull.
I had problems on several configurations of laptops and desktops. But
since I installed the new Vista Enterprise build 5840 all the problems
miraculously vanished.
The previous version was the Vista Ultimate RC2 build 5744.

Eduardo