Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Problem with Age of Empires II

Old July 3rd 08, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Olórin[_2_]

Default Problem with Age of Empires II

"ricco4" wrote in message

Olórin;764843 Wrote:
"ricco4" wrote in message

i need it, post it again please

--
ricco4

hits Ctrl-Enter instead of Ctrl-End first time...

What the dickens are you on about??? You've snipped out all the
history of
this thread so all it sounds like is, based on the subject line, that
you
want a problem posting....

oh sorry, i'm spanish and i haven't understand you

i have the same problem as everyone, i have a new toshiba laptop with a
ati mobility radeon hd2600 with all ok, new drivers, last directx and
all these things, i have tried a lot of things, i have searched the
problem in three different languages in google for more results but
nothing, everytime the same message, so what can we do? i hope i have
tell all correctly

--
ricco4

What to do? For a start, tell us WHAT the problem is! "The same problem as
everyone" is, you'll have to admit, rather all-encompassing....

Old July 4th 08, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
ricco4

my problem is when i run age of empires ii, a message says "Could not
initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver
are compatible with DirectDraw"

--
ricco4
Old July 11th 08, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
ricco4

nothing?

--
ricco4
Old July 15th 08, 09:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Olórin[_2_]

"ricco4" wrote in message

nothing?

--
ricco4

It would help if you didn't snip out your original post, containing details
of the problem:

"my problem is when i run age of empires ii, a message says "Could not
initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are
compatible with DirectDraw""

Just to post "nothing?" is begging to be ignored....

I don't run Vista but like lurking in this group just for kicks.... My
immediate thought would be: well, have you checked that your video card and
driver are compatible with DirectDraw?

Old July 26th 08, 11:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
[email protected]

I had this same problem. It is some conflict between the game and the
video card driver. The game is mis-reporting it as a DirectDraw issue
because it's an older piece of software that doesn't know what the
problem is.

I'm using a Toshiba laptop and downloaded a third-party driver at
tweakforce.com because Toshiba doesn't provide any updated drivers for
my nVidia card model (Geforce Go 7300). The link for the WinXP version
is: http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.ph...nload&cid=1 5

It seems to be fine in general and runs the game OK.
Old December 10th 08, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
GOTHCLAWZ

I have a Windows Vista Home -32bit laptop. Just like OP.

I have the same problem as OP. Can somebody please tell me WHERE I can
download these things? All the links on this thread are dead.

--
GOTHCLAWZ
Old December 25th 08, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
brianix

would be nice to get the link....I have emailed original poster..hope he
post what he did:geek:

--
brianix
Old May 27th 09, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
uhouston12

that solved the problem for me.it is the Directx 9.0c, and i have
windows vista ultimate.should work.

--
uhouston12
uhouston12's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/101555.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 28th 09, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Denabug09

I'm having a similar issue. With mine though when it goes to load, it
just pops up a window saying age of empires has stopped working. can
someone help?

--
Denabug09
Denabug09's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159067.htm