which nvidea drivers do i need for my geforce on vista??

Old November 9th 06, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices

Default which nvidea drivers do i need for my geforce on vista??

hi guys.
pc specs:
geforce 7600gt
AMD athlon
2gb ram

i tryed the latest nvidea drivers, the nvidia vista drivers and both didnt
work, when i check display settings advanced the info about the videocard is
screwd up and i dont get the geforce tab in advanced, plus according to
geforce the vista drivers support opengl, but opengl games wont work, i get
messages like "video mode not supported" etc

so i was wondering which drivers you guys use, and do opengl games work
fine for you?
Old November 9th 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

it depends on which build of vista you have installed. the
lastest drivers are only for rc2. only drivers written
specifically for vista will work. win xp drivers absolutely
will not work in vista.

Old November 9th 06, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Two questions since the best answer to your questin depends on them.

What release of Vista are you running?
Are yuu running X86(32bit) Vista or 64 bit Vista?

Old November 9th 06, 06:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

I have an nVidia 7600 GS (EVGA) and it works great with the latest web drivers.
I get a 4.6 video and a 4.8 gaming score.
I don't play games so I don't know about opengl gaming performance.
Have you rerun the performance scan?
After the previous nVidia web drivers install, I got a 1.0 score, but after I reran the scan my
rating went up.

Old November 9th 06, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

Same score on x86 and x64 RC2 (4.6 and 4.8)
I believe someone else posted that the manufacturer of the card made a big difference in the
performance of nVidia chips.

Old November 9th 06, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

Also, when you tried to install the drivers did you do the "Have Disk"
option and point Vista to the driver or did you let Vista decide on its own
? This is important in that Vista will always say you have the best driver
installed if the driver is not digitally signed for Vista in particular (or
so it seems). I had the same trouble with a Linksys driver and just
"forced" (for lack of a better term) Vista to install it and it works. Just
an idea.

Old November 10th 06, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

it depends on which build of vista you have installed. the
latest drivers are only for rc2. only drivers written

Old November 15th 06, 06:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene Fitz

Little hint for ya, DCR, the driver that loaded in Vista gave me a better WEI
than the "updated driver." with my 7600GS, I had 4.7 / 4.8 with the original
Vista driver, and a 4.6 / 4.8 after the 96.85 driver install. I don't know
why, but I had the same issue with my 7300GS as well.

Strange, but true..

Old November 15th 06, 08:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nero

nVidia drivers for their cards is very basic for Vista right now.

Old November 15th 06, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

I got the SAME scores (4.6 and 4.8) with BOTH the RC2 drivers and the 96.85 drivers.

"Gene Fitz" wrote in message
| Little hint for ya, DCR, the driver that loaded in Vista gave me a better WEI
| than the "updated driver." with my 7600GS, I had 4.7 / 4.8 with the original
| Vista driver, and a 4.6 / 4.8 after the 96.85 driver install. I don't know
| why, but I had the same issue with my 7300GS as well.
|
| Strange, but true..
|
| "DCR" wrote:
|
| Same score on x86 and x64 RC2 (4.6 and 4.8)
| I believe someone else posted that the manufacturer of the card made a big difference in the
| performance of nVidia chips.
|
| "DCR" wrote in message ...
| |I have an nVidia 7600 GS (EVGA) and it works great with the latest web drivers.
| | I get a 4.6 video and a 4.8 gaming score.
| | I don't play games so I don't know about opengl gaming performance.
| | Have you rerun the performance scan?
| | After the previous nVidia web drivers install, I got a 1.0 score, but after I reran the scan
my
| | rating went up.
| |
| |
| | "P" wrote in message
| || hi guys.
| || pc specs:
| || geforce 7600gt
| || AMD athlon
| || 2gb ram
| ||
| || i tryed the latest nvidea drivers, the nvidia vista drivers and both didnt
| || work, when i check display settings advanced the info about the videocard is
| || screwd up and i dont get the geforce tab in advanced, plus according to
| || geforce the vista drivers support opengl, but opengl games wont work, i get
| || messages like "video mode not supported" etc
| ||
| || so i was wondering which drivers you guys use, and do opengl games work
| || fine for you?
| |
| |