Old December 12th 08, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ciprianmp

Default Western Digital Passport Drive

I bought my 250Gb Passport (FAT32 formatted) and used it with no
problems on Vista. Now that I came back from travelling, I tried to
access my passport on my Desktop (XP SP3), so I can share the pictures
and movies with my families - so I got the same issue - driver
inexistent, drive cannot be installed and accessed.

Well, Dell claims they discovered the issue, but the solution provided
is useless. Who would encounter this issue and have the drive empty or
an extra drive to backup all the files before mbr converting?
I've tried converting the mbr from Vista anyway as described (XP won't
list the drive as it doesn't recognize it yet), but it didn't work. The
error says: "The disk you specified is not GPT formatted", whatever GPT
means (in 10 years of formatting hundreads of HDDs, it's the first time
I hear about GPT).
http://tinyurl.com/5ktqq5

--
ciprianmp