[Off Topic] LCD monitor (no signal)

Old November 11th 06, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nicholas

Default [Off Topic] LCD monitor (no signal)

I know this is nothing to do with windows vista but I do not know where I
could post this question.

The problem is I have now moved over to a 20" Asus PW201 LCD monitor which
is connected to a Vida 7900 GTO graphics card (I used to have a 20 CRT
monitor). The problem is when I hibernate and switch the monitor off and I
go to restart the computer (switching the monitor on first) the monitor says
that there is no signal?

Any help or information would be gratefully appreciated

If someone knows a better place to post this sort of question it would be
good to know as well.

Many thanks

NIK

Old November 11th 06, 06:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dennis Pack

Nicholas:
Verify that S3 is enabled in the bios and that video resume from S3
is enabled.

Old November 11th 06, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Have you checked with Asus for an updated monitor.inf (driver) file to use?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old November 11th 06, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nicholas

Dennis thanks for your reply.

I have done some tests and it seems that if I hibernate and leave the
monitor switched on I have no problems when the computer switches back on?
next time I reboot I shall check that setting in the BIOS.

NIK

Old November 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nicholas

Thanks for the reply Rick.

I went to the Asus website and unfortunately there are no downloads for
that.
I had a look on the supplied CD and there are no monitor.inf files there
either?

NIK

Old November 12th 06, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stuart

I have an NVidia 7300GS on an Asus P5WD2 Premium running vista RC2 and I
have the same problem. If I reboot with the LCD off then the system loses
the second display on the DVI connection, its a bugger to get it redetected.
I have simply had to ensure that I only turn it off manually, and make
absolutely sure that the LCD is on when the machine is resterted.

The same thing used to happen on XPMCE2005

If you find out any information I'd be grateful if you could post it here as
its a real PITA!
Cheers